Re: LICENSE for WRITING required in LA

Subject: Re: LICENSE for WRITING required in LA
From: Chris Tonjes <ctonjes -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 15:05:47 -0500

This is not as onerous or uncommon as the previous writers would like us to
believe. I live in Virginia (probably the most conservative state in the
country), and in my county I must have a home occupancy permit and a
business license. In addition, I must also pay property tax on my
computers, furniture, and other hardware.

I think the LA tax rate is actually lower than mine...

And although crime is going down in most major metropolitan areas, I doubt
that the police have enough time to launch any investigations of
unauthorized technical writing or poetry reading.

These little paper work and tax annoyances are the price of independant
contracting.