Re: Hit Man Manual

Subject: Re: Hit Man Manual
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 11:15:50 -0600

Tim Altom wrote:

> I know that over the years I've had to put in safety messages that could, if
> taken out of context by an unscrupulous rogue, be used as a recipe for
> destruction. For example, saying "Mixing these two chemicals could result in
> an explosion, toxic gas, and attendant death of bystanders" is just another
> way of telling a would-be terrorist "Mix these, stand well back, and enjoy
> the fun". Almost any warning about poisons, toxins, radiation, or biohazards
> could be used this way. And it would be almost impossible to skirt the
> subject without eliminating all the warning benefits, too.

I guess all we can do is hope intent counts for something. Surely "don't
do this or you'll get hurt" won't be treated the same as "here is the
best way to blow up a building." I hope...

Tracy
Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Vocational and Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm
!!! Nov. 8, 1997: OSU 30, OU 7 !!!