"Dummies" Books and unexpected audiences

Subject: "Dummies" Books and unexpected audiences
From: "Lindy S. L. Lovvik" <laorka -at- BEST -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 12:44:40 -0800

I was first introduced to the "Dummies" series by my supervisor.
She is a very bright woman (like many of the users).

She is blind and gets the books on tape. The instructions
are clear enough that pictures, inaccessible to her, are
not necessary for comprehension.

I doubt the writers had individuals with visual impairments
in mind when they were writing the books, but I am impressed
with anything that makes technology accessible to so many.

Lindy
--
"If I had my past life to live over, I'd make all the same
mistakes, only sooner." --Tallulah Bankhead

http://www.best.com/~laorka
Resources related to women, disabilities and literature