Re: printing in landscape/portrait in WORD

Subject: Re: printing in landscape/portrait in WORD
From: "Cramer, Kim" <kcramer -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 13:16:00 -0700

From: Kristen Lorenz
>How do you print a document in Word with pages in portrait and landscape
>mode? They are trying to change the page orientation to landscape for
>the pages that need it, but it won't work.

You can do this if you set up the document using sections. Basically,
you need a section break between each landscape or portrait section.
Once the section breaks are added, you can place your cursor in the
section and use the Page Size tab in Page Setup (I use Word 6 - this may
be somewhat different in other versions) to change the page orientation.
Be sure the Apply To box just applies the change to the selected
section, and not to the entire document.

One caveat: On landscape pages, the headers and footers are still at
the top and bottom of the landscape pages. In other words, the entire
page is rotated, not just the contents. The only alternative I've found
to this "feature" is to create the original portrait-oriented document
with blank pages (with headers and footers) where the landscape text
will go. Then I create the landscape info in another document and allow
extra room in the left and right margins of the landscape pages so it
won't overlap the portrait headers and footers. Then I take the blank
portrait pages and print the landscape data onto them so it appears that
just the text has been rotated.

HTH!

Kim Cramer
mailto:kcramer -at- ncslink -dot- com