printing in landscape/portrait in WORD -Reply

Subject: printing in landscape/portrait in WORD -Reply
From: Carol Van Natta <CVANNATT -at- ITC -dot- NRCS -dot- USDA -dot- GOV>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 13:03:51 -0700

I'm assuming Word 6/7 (but I presume it's similar for Word
8).
Go to the first page that you want to print landscape. Insert a
break (section, continuous). Then in page layout, set the new
section's format as landscape. Now go to the next page
where you want it to revert to portrait. Insert a continous
section break, then change the page layout to portrait.
Repeat for each change in orientation as needed. Caveat:
Word cannot print landscape and portrait text on the same
page without a great dea of fuss, so any headers and footers
will become landscape on those pages and probably look
really ugly.

>>> Kristen Lorenz <klor -at- INTFACE -dot- COM> 11/17/97 12:54
pm >>>
Hi,

I searched the archives for this one but only found a solution
for
Framemaker. I'm trying to help someone else out.

How do you print a document in Word with pages in portrait
and landscape
mode? They are trying to change the page orientation to
landscape for
the pages that need it, but it won't work.

Any solutions to this? Thanks!!

Kristen
klor -at- intface -dot- com

message.
Commands: mailto:listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu (e.g.
SIGNOFF TECHWR-L)
http://www.dejanews.com/
Subjects: JOB:, QUESTION:, SUMMARY:, ANNOUNCE:, or
none of these.