Write Protection anomaly

Subject: Write Protection anomaly
From: mcaplan -at- NDC -dot- CO -dot- IL
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 10:40:12 +0200

Er, sorry about that.

Here's the problem:

We have write protected our template for protection from changes during
Workgroup use. However, some of our users have complained that some of
their documents are becoming write protected (with the same password that
protects the template).

So far, I have been able to discern that both machines that have
experienced this have both Always Create Backup Copy, and Auto Save
functions enabled.

So, my question is this: What are the ramifications of Always Create Backup
Copy and Auto Save as it relates to write protection?

Thanks for the help, and apologies for the "anomaly" post.

- Michael

Michael B. Caplan
Technical Writer
NDS Technologies Israel