heading names

Subject: heading names
From: "Gregory L. Delzer" <GDelzer -at- UWYO -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:15:45 -0700

I recently received some helpful advice regarding headings from the
list, but as usual, the more answers I receive the more questions I
have...

The responses described headings as "1st level heads, 2nd level heads,
etc." or "Heading ONE, Heading TWO, etc." Is there any standard for
identifying these different headings? Is it ok to call lower level
headings "sub-headings?" If so, is "sub-headings" hyphenated? Thanks in
advance for your help.

--Gregory Delzer
Information Technology
University of Wyoming