Re: WRITING ONLINE HELP

Subject: Re: WRITING ONLINE HELP
From: Michael Lewis <lewism -at- BRANDLE -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 09:21:36 +1100

Jonathan,

You would do well to check out a product called "Hypertext Development
Kit" (HDK). It uses MS Word as its editor, and has two modes of
operation -- direct interactive mode, where you start from scratch, and
conversion mode, where you start with existing Word docs. It has full
support for both searchable and context-sensitive help. I've not used it
in an NT environment, but I don't see why help files developed under
Win95 would cause any problems under NT; nor can I see any reason why
you couldn't do the development under NT.

For more info, check out www.vmtech.com

There's also a list for HDK: hdk-l -at- hilink -dot- com -dot- au
--
Michael Lewis
Brandle Pty Limited, Sydney, Australia