Re: Saddle-stitched booklets and Word

Subject: Re: Saddle-stitched booklets and Word
From: Kristen Black <kblack -at- ITSNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:58:45 -0700

On 19 November, 1997 3:11 PM, Sally Yeo wrote:

>Does any know of a add-on to Word (6, 7 or 97) that can do the following:

> 1. Restructure the document as a 1/2 booklet, saddle-stiched. This means
laying out >page 16 on the right side of the page and page 1 on the left,
etc. so it works as a >booklet.

Sally:

I know this is a Word question, but I thought I'd show you where to do it
in WordPerfect, and maybe you can find it in the same area in Word...

In WP, click File>Print>Two-Sided Printing>Print as Booklet. This will
print the entire document in the right order, so you can take it to a
printer and get a saddle-stiched booklet out of it. It does take a little
longer than normal to print, but all the pagination headache is taken care
of for you.

Good luck!

Kristen Black
Freelance Editor, Writer, and Indexer