Re: Frame 5.5 Bugs

Subject: Re: Frame 5.5 Bugs
From: John Lord <jlord -at- LIVINGSTON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 17:25:27 -0800

After experiencing several crashes while using Frame 5.5 (Win95), which
generated a log file at each crash, Adobe sent me the "limited maintenance
release" v 5.5.1. They also confirmed that a "full maintenance release"
will be sent to all registered users in December. A word of caution for 5.5
users can be inferred from the note included in Adobe's cover letter, which
reads:
"NOTE: In order to repair documents that may have been affected by the
problems in the 5.5 release, you will need to save your documents as MIF in
either 5.5 or 5.5.1, then open and save these documents with this 5.5.1
release of the product."
To the best of my knowledge my document files were not damaged because the
active versions were lost in the crashes - no crash recovery saves were
made. However, Adobe's note seems to infer that documents can be corrupted
simply by using 5.5. Can anyone confirm or deny that file corruption occurs
from using 5.5?
John Lord Manager of Technical Publications
mailto:jlord -at- livingston -dot- com Livingston Enterprises, Inc.
http://www.livingston.com Pleasanton, California.