Re: Boolean or boolean

Subject: Re: Boolean or boolean
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 06:45:51 -0600

Eric Thomas wrote:

> Here's a strange one... my engineers and I are having a discussion
> about whether to capitalize the "B" in Boolean operator or leave it
> lowercase.
<snip>
> Does anyone have an authoritative opinion?

Eric and everyone--

In Java, boolean is a primitive data type, so it should be lowercase.
String, for instance, is not a primitive data type, so it must take an
initial capital letter. I'm not certain a capital B on boolean will
cause a compiler error. I know a small _s_ on String will. That might be
where the SMEs are coming from.

Chris
--
Chris Hamilton, Senior Technical Writer