Re: Word97 crashes

Subject: Re: Word97 crashes
From: "LaTorra, Michael" <MLaTorra -at- SCGROUPINC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 09:16:00 -0700

John Lilly wrote (in part):

"When I did a "show all," I saw a character in the two troublesome
footers (in different sections of the file) that I can only describe as
a lowercase "y" with an umlaut over it. It was in hidden text, thus
normally not visible. I definitely did not put it there."

I've had the same experience. A colleague told me that this bug has been
reported to Microsoft and is now listed as a known problem. But in my
case, the bug did not crash Word and I was able to resolve the character
problem by deleting and re-entering the entire footer text.

System info: I'm running Word97 under Windows95 on a Compaq PC with a
Pentium CPU and 32 MB RAM.

Michael LaTorra
Technical Writer

SCGroup Incorporated
7777 Market Center Avenue
El Paso, Texas 79912-8412
USA

Tel: 915-877-3900
Fax: 915-877-7296
E-Mail: MLATORRA -at- SCGROUPINC -dot- COM