WORD97 Crashes

Subject: WORD97 Crashes
From: "Dimock, Dick" <red -at- ELSEGUNDOCA -dot- NCR -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 07:14:08 -0800

John Lilly described an interesting footer bug.

John,

Have you installed the newer Office 97 Service Release SR1?
Try downloading it from:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/office97/servicerelease/

There is an updated version available since August 16, 97.

This patch has cleared up many bugs in WORD97.

FWIW, I searched the Symantec Antivirus database and found no
matches using ["MSWORD" AND footer]. The simple ["MSWORD"]
gave me 100 matches. As you suspected, this does not look like virus.

Regards,

Dick Dimock Mild mannered Technical Writer at a
great metropolitan corporation
NCR Corporation See? [Metropolitan + Great] @

El Segundo, CA On the Pacific Rim of Smurf City,
by LAX, where it is always
"Up, Up and Awaaayyy!"