Re: TECH/TOOLS: Need more opinions (long-ish)

Subject: Re: TECH/TOOLS: Need more opinions (long-ish)
From: "M. Dannenberg" <midannen -at- SI -dot- BOSCH -dot- DE>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 09:41:20 +0100

Branchaud, Paul schrieb:

> First of all, thanks to all who submitted their opinions on my "wish
> list" from last week. I got back to some of you, but not all, so I am
> taking this opportunity to thank you all. One caveat before I begin
> with
> the latest issue: this is not intended to be a Mac Vs PC holy war; I
> want facts and how performance and productivity will be affected.

If I was faced with a question like that, the first thing I would look
at is tech support. If you're in a PC-only environment, I think it would
be madness to switch to Macs. If you're in a mixed environment, it's
basically a toss-up. I don't think there's much of a difference in terms
of usuability between the two platforms these days. Also, all the
software you mentioned comes in both flavours, and again the differences
should be minimal. Bear in mind, though, that the Mac is basically a
dead-end platform (I know I'll get roasted for that, but I got my
asbestos underpants on today) so, unless something dramatic happens at
Apple sometime soon, you see new versions of your software being late or
not being developed at all. I'd say, if you're happy with your PCs, here
absolutely no reason to switch to Macs.

Mike

--
Mike Dannenberg