Thanks! (Re: TECH/TOOLS: Need more opinions)

Subject: Thanks! (Re: TECH/TOOLS: Need more opinions)
From: "Branchaud, Paul" <pbranchaud -at- UTSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 14:41:56 -0500

As usual, the kindly TECHWR-L folks helped me out in Olympic 100 meter
sprinter form!

Many thanks to Walter, David, John, Mike, Sarah, Keith, and Laurie for
their input and valuable opinions. My boss was amazed (once again) that
I was able to get so much feedback from professional counterparts in
such a short period of time. Since the feedback had a decidedly "don't
fix what ain't broke" flavor, I was asked if I had edited out any
pro-Mac messages (it was no secret I was pro-PC).

Since we are an all-Windows shop and deliver to Windows clients, my
recommendation was to stay the course and upgrade the heck out of our
current systems (from P/90s to P2/300s with 64Mb RAM). The final
decision was to stick with PCs and upgrade the heck out of one computer
(mine), since the other writer will not be getting into any heavy
FrameMaker stuff for quite a while.

I am both slightly embarassed and giddy over the fact that managed to
blow a massive hole in the budget. I guess I have expensive tastes. ;-)

Thanks again to all who helped out, and to those who have helped in the
past! I don't know what I'd do without this list...

Paul
Paul Branchaud Technical Writer
pbranchaud -at- utsoft -dot- com UtiliSoft Inc.
(514) 747-1400 Ext. 211 555, Dr. Frederik-Philips, Suite 210
ICQ: 4161320 Saint-Laurent, QC Canada H4M 2X4
"Out of my mind. Back in five minutes..."