acrobat in place of winhlp32.exe

Subject: acrobat in place of winhlp32.exe
From: Ron D Rhodes <Ron_D_Rhodes -at- MAIL -dot- BANKONE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 08:33:18 -0500

Paul,

You asked if replacing help files with acrobat files was a quick, but
not that great, solution to meeting an unrealistic deadline.

My suggestion,

Some doc is better than no doc at all. I would try to get the
progammers to include acrobat reader in the application's setup
routine so the MIS department doesn't have to install it separately.
If MIS has to go out of their way, the users may never get the reader.

However, the inherit problem to a quick fix is that you create a
monster. Management will expect quickness out of you instead of
quality. If you are comfortable that you can keep the monster at bay,
I would try it. If not, it's your calll.

Hope this helps,

Ron Rhodes
ron_d_rhodes -at- mail -dot- bankone -dot- com