symbol conventions: file servers, classes, etc.

Subject: symbol conventions: file servers, classes, etc.
From: Joe Malone <joe -at- VNETTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 11:07:47 -0800

I'm doing a set of graphics for a developer's guide, which included
symbols for browsers, web servers, database,
agents, and, mixed in, java packages, classes, methods...

I've just used a random assortment of circles, squares, ovals, etc.,
with drop shadows.

Can someone tell me the conventions for these objects, or point me at a
web source.

This is the lazy way to gather this info, I guess, but I did search
about a bit, inhouse and on the web, without luck.Turns out the
engineers here have been making up their own symbols as they go along.

Thanks.

Joe Malone
joe -at- vnettech -dot- com