Hendry's research on SGML

Subject: Hendry's research on SGML
From: Karen Schriver <ks0e+ -at- ANDREW -dot- CMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 11:49:58 -0500

Hi everyone,

On November 24, Laurie Morgan asked about a reference I made in my book
Dynamics in Document Design:Creating Texts for Readers (1997, NY: Wiley)
to Dave Hendry's work on rhetorical aspects of SGML. Due to a mixup in
the file printed by the publisher, the reference was inadvertantly left
out of my first printing of my book. The error was corrected in the
second printing. Here is the missing reference:

Hendry, D. G. (1995). Breakdowns in writing intentions when
simultaneously deploying SGML-marked texts in hard copy and electronic
copy. Behavior & Information Technology, 14(2), 80-92.

This is a British journal on cognitive issues related to using
technology. If you do a library search on D. G. Hendry, you will find
other stuff done by him on how people interpret and navigate
spreadsheets.

Sorry the ref wasn't there in the version of the book you bought. Thanks
again for reading my book.

karen schriver
KSA, Document Design and Research