Setting up a standard for User Manuals

Subject: Setting up a standard for User Manuals
From: Coetta A Lampe <clampe -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 11:42:14 -0600

I need to devise a document for "standards" to use in the area where I
work. I am not aware of any that currently exist here. I am the
"lone" writer for the applications that the group in my department
produces (everyone else is a programmer).

I have produced several in the past couple of years and I have
documented some of my own ideas. I would appreciate feedback relating
to the content that I should include. I want to include, at least,
what most of you believe is important.

Maybe you can point me to some good references.

Thank you.