importing graphics problem

Subject: importing graphics problem
From: "DAVE SNODGRASS, EXT. 7562" <V$DJSNOD -at- QTIWORLD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 16:18:51 -0600

I am having a quirky problem with MS Word 7. When I insert pictures they scale
to about 75% of their actual size. The picture attributes dialog box says 100%,
but it just isn't true. I'll list what is going on in detail. Please respond
off list to: v$djsnod -at- qtiworld -dot- com

Graphic file details: The illustations are made in Adobe Illustrator 6 on a
Mac. They are exported in PC eps format with 8 bit preview.

MS Word details: I am placing the files using Insert:Picture. Whether the file
is linked or embedded makes no difference. I have EPS Filter Vers: 95,11,27,1.
It is dated 3/20/96.

Troubleshooting to date: I created eps files with Freehand 5.0 on a Mac without
incident. The illustrators here use Adobe Illustrator. If the eps file has no
preview, is shows up in the correct size. I inserted the files on different PCs
with similar results.

I checked the Microsoft web site for new filters, but did not see anything.

TIA for helping.

Dave Snodgrass
v$djsnod -at- qtiworld -dot- com