FW: seer internship

Subject: FW: seer internship
From: Jennifer Jelinek <jlkraus -at- AMETEKWATER -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 09:42:43 -0600

I did two unpaid interships while in college and worked as a waitress to
pay the rent. Then I quit waitressing to take a paid tech writing job on w/
our campus Media Development Center for....get this...minimum wage. But the
hours were flexible, I loved the people I worked with, and I obtained
experience and mentoring that were of immeasurable value to me. Sure, I
didn't go out for dinner every night, and to this day I can't look at bowl
of Ramen Noodles, but I wouldn't want to be in my current position without
that experience behind me.

I agree, though, that it does depend on where you live. In Eau Claire, WI,
my college roomate and I each paid 175/month for a 2-bedroom apartment that
was actually very nice and spacious. Living in Chicago or New York on $10
might be a stretch for someone who's a student and may not have time to get
another job. I'd try to find out what the job and people are like first,
but if the experience seems positive, go for it. You'll probably never be
able to learn so much at one time AND have as much freedom to make mistakes
as you're learning.

Jennifer Jelinek
Marketing Services Manager
Plymouth Products, Inc. Sheboygan, WI