Re: Not wanted - tech writers

Subject: Re: Not wanted - tech writers
From: Beth Agnew <bagnew -at- INSYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 14:16:09 -0500

john glenn, writer (Katav) wrote:
>quote: Weber & Associates came to its mission about three years ago after
> SPENDING NEARLY A DECADE PRODUCING TRADITIONAL TYPES OF (caps mine)
> training and sales material for companies. At some point, they
> realized few people were reading what they were producing. The
> firm decided to reinvent itself, with the help of several information
> experts.
>
> (What the heck is an 'information expert?')
>
> "They said, `Yeah, this is terrible. I can see why no one would want
> to read it,' " recalls Weber. "It was a painful session, because a lot
> of the material was our material." unquote

Guffaw!! They brought in technical writers to tell them their writing wasn't up to par!!
So then they hired a bunch of poets right out of university, and now they're billing, what,
$3.5 million a year. Bwah ha ha ha! ROTFLOL.

Wait a minute. That's not funny.

--Beth

Beth Agnew
Senior Technical Writer, InSystems Technologies Inc.
65 Allstate Parkway, Suite 100 Tel: (905) 513-1400 ext. 280
Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 9X1 Fax: (905) 513-1419
mailto:bagnew -at- insystems -dot- com Visit us at: http://www.insystems.com

See my friendly face at: http://www.bayside.net/users/cbsites/techwr-l/a.htm#agnewb