Re: Microsoft shenanigans

Subject: Re: Microsoft shenanigans
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 14:27:22 -0800

I've been following this topic with interest. As I understand it, the most
IE4 problems happen when you have NT.

Another problem happens when IE4 asks if you'd like to store IE4 in another
directory. Don't do it. It causes problems. Just let IE4 install where
the setup program suggests.

These problems are known and Microsoft should provide a solution. Do be
certain that you have the absolute latest version. Microsoft is making
fixes to IE4 constantly.

Marilynne

These opinions are my own and have nothing to do with QUALCOMM.
At 4:06 PM -0600 12/18/97, Nora Merhar wrote:
>Thanks to all who responded on my IE4 question. Now that I know for
>sure what it is, I can weigh in.
>
>I have Windows 95 without IE. I use Netscape (hee hee). I have no
>problems at all.
>
>Is it possible that IE4 is meant for Windows 97, and is not
>backward-compatible?
>
>Nora
>nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com

Marilynne Smith, Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM Inc. (AE-203B)
marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com
Phone: 651-6664