? for old geezers

Subject: ? for old geezers
From: Katav <katav -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 07:14:35 -0800

I will start off be admitting that
in so far as CHRONOLOGICAL AGE goes,
I am well within the 'old geezer'
bracket, so no offense intended to
others in the /geezer/ category.

===

Back in the days when MS-DOS was
/king/ of the pc world and Windows
was just a pane [sorry], we used to
load executables into /high/ memory;
I had a 2M ( !! ) RAM expansion board
on a (12 MHz) AT machine. (Recall the
esPANded vs exTENded RAM wars?)

Really made the app /fly./ (Even Ventura
would -- maybe not /scream,/ but at least
/run fast./)

Now with a P133 and 80M of RAM, I want to
revisit this procedure, but the cobwebs are
blocking the memory cells containing the
/how to/ information. If any of you
ancients out there can recall how its done
(and CAN it be done on a 95 or NT box ? ),
please let me know OFF-LIST to

katav -at- yahoo -dot- com

(I really want to see if I can get Frame
and Deneba Canvas to move a bit faster ...
then I can convince the Financial Advisor
that I need a UPS to /keep the RAM up./ )

Any information will be most appreciated;
more-so if I can do what I want, but ...
==
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
Who is wise? He who learns from every person;
Who is honored? He who honors others.
(R. Ben Zoma [Avot 4:1])