Re: Resumes and other job-related stuff

Subject: Re: Resumes and other job-related stuff
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 10:11:53 -0500

Steve...

I might be in the minority on this...

First, it's an attractive web page.

Second...However, is that the purpose of the material. Would you send out a hard
copy resume in the sane form, with sidebar, colors, logos, graphics, etc.?

My feeling about writing is to write for the targeted reader of the material...not
based on the capabilities of the medium, and my guess is that the people reading
resumes are still the same people that have been reading resumes for the last xx
years.

My recommendation would be to create a conventional resume for online and create a
separate web to showcase your web capabilities.

my $.02

By the way...if you're curious on what I have in mind, you can see mine at
http://www.tdandw.com/resume.html

--
John Posada, Technical Writer (and proud of the title)
The world's premier Internet fax service company: The FaxSav Global Network

HEY! Are you coming to the NJ TechWriter lunch? So far, about 10 of us are.
Ask me about it.