Re: FOLLOW UP

Subject: Re: FOLLOW UP
From: Kathryn Marshall <kmarshall -at- MODACAD -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 10:42:18 -0800

Oops. Yes, Adobe did reply -- I forgot because their suggestion had
nothing to do with the problem. Plus the fact that they asked me to "try
all these steps" after I had clearly told them I HAD tried those steps
with no avail.

Let's face it. It's a bug!!


> ----------
> From: Trish Mudgett[SMTP:tdm -at- Adobe -dot- COM]
> Sent: Monday, December 22, 1997 10:31 AM
> To: kmarshall -at- ModaCAD -dot- com
> Cc: rmetzgar -at- Adobe -dot- COM
> Subject: Re: FOLLOW UP
>
>
> Hi Kathryn,
>
> We were baffled by your post to framers. You say
> you haven't heard from Adobe, but then you clipped
> in a portion of the reply sent to you by Adobe
> support person Rob Metzgar. Maybe you hadn't
> realized his reply was from an Adobe support person
> (amongst the potential sea of other replies you got)?
>
> Anyway... Rob has been copied on your lastest message.
> The original copy of his reply is attached below your
> follow up email.
>
> Regards,
>
> Trish Mudgett
> Adobe Technical Support
>
>
>
> Return-Path: <kmarshall -at- ModaCAD -dot- com>
> From: Kathryn Marshall <kmarshall -at- ModaCAD -dot- com>
> To: "'techwhirlers'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>,
> "'framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com'" <framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com>
> Subject: FOLLOW UP: Missing Graphics in Anchored Frames
> Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 10:09:09 -0800
>
> (was "QUESTION: Urgent Frame Help")
>
> Just a quick follow up to a message I posted earlier
> regarding graphics
> not printing in anchored frames. I've not yet heard back
> from Adobe, but
> am convinced this is a BUG. A very annoying one at that.
>
> Here's the deal:
>
> Each major section heading in the doc has white text on a black
> background. To achieve this effect, I used an anchored
> frame filled with
> black, with a text box inside of it (white text). I chose this
> method
> over a table because -- as I have posted before -- using a
> table caused
> a bunch of _other_ problems.
>
> The problem occurs when I try to put another anchored frame after
> the
> heading (which is also a frame). Anything (imported graphics, text,
> etc.) I put in the frame does not print -- however it
> shows up fine in
> the PDF file). In fact, the problem doesn't seem to be the fact
> that
> these two frames are next to each other, but that they
> both exist on the
> same page. All of the other frames/graphics in my document are
> fine.
>
> -Kathy
>
> > ----------
> > From: Kathryn Marshall
> > Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 1997 9:06 AM
> > To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
> > Subject: RE: QUESTION: Urgent Frame Help
> >
> > Thanks to all who replied to me directly (there were a bunch, so
> I'm
> > doing a group thanks). Unfortunately, I tried all of your
> proposed
> > solutions:
> >
> > --deleting the frame, creating a new one and reimporting the
> graphic
> > --copying and pasting another "good" frame in its place
> > --making sure the path of the graphic was correct
> > --making sure the frame was filled with "none"
> > --making sure there was no conditional text turned on
> > --saving the file as MIF
> > --importing other graphics into the frame or just typing
> text into the
> > frame -- still doesn't print.
> >
> > The only thing that worked (due to the deadline) was copying and
> > pasting the graphic -- literally copying and pasting it
> onto the page.
> >
> > Everything on the page prints except the anchored frame,
> whether it is
> > a new frame or a frame that I copied and pasted from another
> portion
> > of the document. I have plenty of memory (64MB) and am running on
> > Windows NT (P166). It's also not the printer. The
> problem seems to be
> > with the actual page -- however, I checked the master pages and
> > everything looks OK there... I will forward my question
> to Adobe Tech
> > Support. Thanks again for the quick replies.
> >
> > -Kathy
> >
>
>
>
>
> X-Sender: rmetzgar -at- adobe -dot- com
> Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 09:31:47 -0800
> To: kmarshall -at- ModaCAD -dot- com
> From: Rob Metzgar <rmetzgar>
> Subject: Case#734113 graphics not printing
>
>
> Did you try all these steps:
>
> --deleting the frame, creating a new one and reimporting the graphic
> --copying and pasting another "good" frame in its place
> --making sure the path of the graphic was correct
> --making sure the frame was filled with "none"
> --making sure there was no conditional text turned on
> --saving the file as MIF
>
> If you tried these steps I would like to know what printer
> driver you are using? I would try and print with another
> printer driver set as default such as the Apple Laser writer
> or the Adobe Acrobat Distiller driver. If possible download
> the latest driver for your printer off the web. Please inform
> me of your results.
>
>
>

http://www.documentation.com/, or http://www.dejanews.com/



Previous by Author: FOLLOW UP: Missing Graphics in Anchored Frames
Next by Author: Re: Downsizing (literally) the manuals
Previous by Thread: FOLLOW UP: Missing Graphics in Anchored Frames
Next by Thread: To apostrophe or not to apostrophe...


What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads


Sponsored Ads