Re[2]: possessives [Ref:C674416]

Subject: Re[2]: possessives [Ref:C674416]
From: Geoff King <Geoff -dot- King -at- NA -dot- NWMARKETS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 15:02:25 +0000

But Michael, what you have written doesn't make sense. If you are
refering to Chaucer (or Middle English) you are perforce referring
to a "couple of centuries ago." (The 12th to 15th centuries.
Give or take.)

I must be missing something in this thread.

geoff -dot- king -at- na -dot- nwmarkets -dot- com

I'm not referring to a couple of centuries ago; I'm referring to Middle
English. Look at any reputable edition of Chaucer (not a translation).
This is one of my own research fields -- I don't know which other
researchers Mark is referring to, but if they've got bogged down into
"bogus archaisms" of a couple of centuries ago, they've missed the
point.
--
Michael Lewis
Brandle Pty Limited