Re: The Writer's Kit

Subject: Re: The Writer's Kit
From: JIMCHEVAL <JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 20:03:22 EST

In a message dated 98-01-05 19:27:12 EST, etymes -at- lts -dot- com writes:

<< We have Pagemaker around because of problems we run into with legacy
files from some of our clients, but we rarely use it otherwise since
both Word and Frame let you do the same things >>
Actually I don't know if Frame can do this, but so far as I know Word does NOT
allow you to create registration marks (except by trickery). Or for that
matter do color separation.

Plus, if your client has made it your responsibility to provide a printer-
ready* file, most print shops apparently don't handle Word. Probably not
Frame either, no?

Jim Chevallier
Los Angeles

*I'm not sure if this is the term of art. "Camera-ready" isn't quite the
same, since what's increasingly delivered is an electronic file.

Chez Jim: Jim Chevallier's Home Page - http://www.gis.net/~jimcheval