Disappearing graphics in Word?

Subject: Disappearing graphics in Word?
From: "Susan E. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STEEPLECHASE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 14:26:29 -0500

I am on the PC using Word 97. I directly pasted a series of screen shots
into my doc, and they displayed properly. The next time I opened the doc --
they were replaced by a series of red Xs.

I've scanned the help and the knowledge bases and can't find any refs to
this -- has anyone run across this problem and found a fix? Wading through
the Microsoft tech support maze is always an extreme challenge, and I
haven't always gotten an answer.

thanks!

Susan