Re: Contractors of Questionable Ability

Subject: Re: Contractors of Questionable Ability
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 20:38:51 -0500

Two reactions, both peripheral, to this thread:

1.) I notice that the comment that contractors are unreliable seems to
come up frequently. I can't help wondering if the full-timers feel a
little bit jealous of people with more freedome? There are plenty of
incompetent technical writers around - the field's booming, so that's to
be expected. But I've encountered as many incompetents with benefits as
incompetents on contract.

2.) If contractors are unreliable, then it's easy to turn the fact to
your advantage. Do good work to deadline, and you should have no trouble
being employed

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
(bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com) (604) 421-7189 or 687-2133 X. 269

"Then fareweel ye banks o' Sicily,
Fare ye weel ye valley an' shaw,
There's nae Jock will mourn the kyles o' ye,
Puir bluidie swaddies are weary."
- Hamish Henderson,
"The 51st Division's Farewell to Sicily"