FW: Screen Capture questions

Subject: FW: Screen Capture questions
From: David Slonosky <David -dot- Slonosky -at- ITLS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 16:47:43 -0500

On January 13, 1998 2:37 PM, Diane Williams
[SMTP:diane_williams -at- YAHOO -dot- COM] wrote:
> To All Screen-Capture Gurus:
>
> Presently, I capture windows using the PrintScrn and Alt+PrintScrn
> method (in Win 3.11 and WinNT 4.0), paste the images into Paintbrush,
> and save them as *.bmp. I bring these images into Word for the user's
> guide.
>
> This method works fine for me, so I'm wondering what advantages, if
> any, are there in using screen capture applications such as Hijaak?

The ability to capture only the relevant portions of the screen.
The ability to include or exclude the mouse pointer from screen captures.
The ability to manipulate the graphic in terms of number of colours,
compression, and format before you save it.

> Is there a site on the web that compares & contrasts different screen
> capturing methods?

I'm actually reviewing different tools, so you'll see a list here as soon
as I find time to write it. :)