Re: Screen Capture questions

Subject: Re: Screen Capture questions
From: tom-hancock <tom-hancock -at- PCTODAY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 16:17:32 -0600

For those who don't want to employ a full-blown graphics program like
Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, I've found a couple of small applications
that do the trick nicely for capturing images and resizing or otherwise
modifying them.

Using the Windows native PrintScreen seems to often introduce some flaws
into images.
SnagIt32 resolves that problem, and also comes with both 16-bit and
32-bit versions for those who need to take a capture out of a Quark 3.x
document. DOS screens are also supported, and the program is highly
configurable.
JASC, the company that makes Paint Shop Pro, offers BatchMaster, whose
sole purpose is to convert groups of graphics files to different
formats, sizes, color depths, etc., all through scripts created in a
point-and-click interface. These are small programs that do little
things well--a welcome trait nowadays in the era of 200MB office suites.
Both are available in shareware--see http://www.hotfiles.com or one of
the other large shareware sites.