Re: Magical Thinking and Grimoires

Subject: Re: Magical Thinking and Grimoires
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 09:33:04 +0000

I think both contextual and "magic" have their place. Generally I the
"magic" goes in "How To" Help and Quick Ref/User Guides. Here the user
isn't interested (at the time anyway) in how something works, only in how
to do it. In full blown Reference Manuals (essentially old fashioned user
manuals that people read only when they had to!) I give full chapter and
verse where it is appropriate - based on the audience it's aimed at.

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International