Re: Word vs. Pagemaker

Subject: Re: Word vs. Pagemaker
From: David Slonosky <David -dot- Slonosky -at- ITLS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 13:40:33 -0500

On January 13, 1998 8:59 PM, Bruce Byfield [SMTP:bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM]
wrote:

> I'm curious to know: how do you find PageMaker for revisability?

Define revisability and I might have some comments.

> I've only used it for small documents, but Adobe's official line - that
> PageMaker is for small one-shots and FrameMaker for larger, revisable
> documents - has always seemed summarize the strengths and weaknesses of
> both programs.

I plan to get FrameMaker for my home office, just because it would be nice
to have background in it (it seems like a tool that is in higher demand
out there), but also because I've heard much the same thing.

David