Tool for drawing technical diagrams

Subject: Tool for drawing technical diagrams
From: Kylie Bansemer <kylie -at- QITS -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 09:56:40 +1000

Hello

We occasionally draw technical diagrams which are embedded in Word 97
documents. The diagrams don't really fit a standard (such as electrical
diagrams, etc). Currently, we use the Word Picture functionality to
create the diagrams, but find it fiddly and cumbersome. We have also
tried Micrografx ABC Flowcharter and a really old version of Visio.

What packages are available to create very basic technical diagrams?
Are there any critiques of the packages? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kylie

Kylie Bansemer
Mailto:kylie -at- qits -dot- net -dot- au