Re: Writing samples: what to look for

Subject: Re: Writing samples: what to look for
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 23:42:37 -0500

Guys...I sent a posting about how I go about putting my portfolio together
along with the reason why I do something and what impression I'm looking to
convey/not convey.

There were several subsequent postings that even though not said, implied a
justification of doing it differently.

I hope I wasn't misunderstood...

For anyone, the best way is the way that they are comfortable with. If a
certain way works best, whatever that is, then that is the best way.

Infact, I believe that the biggest plus someone can take to an interview is
self assurance. You come off more positive, assertive, and sure of yourself.
By extension, this makes the interviewer feel that since you are so comfortable
in a tense situation, you know that you have the ability to take control of a
situation once you are hired.

I hope nobody with a system that works for them attempts to change that based
on my message. It was only meant for those that may NOT have a good system and
are searching for an alternative method. I is my method and what works for me
may not work for someone else.

John Posada

Elizabeth Vollbach wrote:

> Sounds heavy.

Especially when you plop it down in front of the interviewer :-}

--
John Posada, Technical Writer (and proud of the title)
The world's premier Internet fax service company: The FaxSav Global Network

HEY! Are you coming to the NJ TechWriter lunch? So far, about 10 of us are.
Ask me about it.