Re: Writing samples: what to look for

Subject: Re: Writing samples: what to look for
From: DURL <durl -at- BUFFNET -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 09:38:28 -0500

We might be talking apples and oranges here.
If you're *interviewing for a job,* maybe this approach is the way
to go. However, if you're trying to close a sale to a client, I think the
portfolio is the way to go, with excerpt samples from full-length manuals.
A local attorney who specializes in contracts for artists,
writers, etc. suggests that the contract includes the right to a copy for
promotional purposes for the self-employed.
mary

Mary Durlak Erie Documentation Inc.
East Aurora, New York (near Buffalo)
durl -at- buffnet -dot- net