access and learning TW software?

Subject: access and learning TW software?
From: Vanessa Weibler <vanessa -dot- weibler -at- HIGHMARK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:20:47 -0500

As a pr/mktg person who wants to make the transition to tech writing, I am
trying to learn what experience/skills I need to develop further, and from
reading postings on this list it looks like there are plenty of computer
applications with which I need to become familiar. Those mentioned most
often seem to be Robohelp, Visual Basic, FrameMaker, and Acrobat. My two
questions
are:
- Does this seem to be a pretty good starter list? Any
additions/deletions?
and
- Does anybody know of places I might get used or earlier-edition copies of
programs to teach myself?
Thanks for your help!

-Vanessa Weibler