Who posted the virus warning?

Subject: Who posted the virus warning?
From: Nora Merhar <nmerhar -at- CHARLESINDUSTRIES -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 12:48:08 -0600

Hi guys,

I sent an e-mail to the person who sent the virus warning, telling him
that it was a hoax and referring him to a WWW page that lists virus
hoaxes. The e-mail was returned to me as undeliverable, sooo...

a) Randy, there's something wrong with your e-mail, or

b) Someone was trying to cause trouble.

Either way, this is a pretty ancient virus hoax. Keep in mind that a
virus is code, and e-mail is text. To get a virus through your e-mail,
it would have to be attached to a binary file which came to you as an
attachment to the e-mail. You would have to download and execute the
file before you could get the virus, and you won't be downloading and
executing anything if you just open your e-mail (unless you have
certain fairly old and fairly obscure e-mail programs).

Nora
nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com