Re: 11 x 17 drawings in PDF files (WAS: Relative Costs of Print and

Subject: Re: 11 x 17 drawings in PDF files (WAS: Relative Costs of Print and
From: Nora Merhar <nmerhar -at- CHARLESINDUSTRIES -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 11:11:13 -0600

Lucinda,

We had the exact same problem when converting Interleaf files to PDF
for distribution on a CD-ROM. One of the worst of them I converted to
a 2-pager; some of them we didn't have time to work with, and they
just went in as landscape pages. This is possible, although it did
cause some conversion problems which we had to go to Adobe to have
fixed (text was dropped out of subsequent portrait pages). What we had
to do was to seperate any document containg a landscape page into 3 or
more docs (i.e. first section, landscape page with blank second page,
next section). This worked out OK--not great. Some of the landscape
pictures are awfully small--but most can be printed out on a regular
printer.

Good luck,

Nora
nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com