QUESTION: Search Engines & WORD Docs.

Subject: QUESTION: Search Engines & WORD Docs.
From: "Andrews, Doug" <doug -dot- andrews -at- GS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 16:11:44 -0500

I would like to implement a search engine for users of our web site
which is comprised mainly of long-ish WORD documents (about 150). Site
is administered via FrontPage '97.

Since WORD stores files in a non-ascii format, I don't think a typical
web search engine can sift through the contents of WORD files.

So, anyone have a suggestion on how I might set up a search tool for
finding information contained within those WORD documents on the web?

Doug Andrews
doug -dot- andrews -at- gs -dot- com