Re: e-mail??????

Subject: Re: e-mail??????
From: "Martin, Chuck" <chuckm -at- EVOLVESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 11:05:29 -0800

On Tuesday, January 27, 1998 11:09 AM, Parker, Cassandra M. (EXCH)
[SMTP:CMPARKER -at- INTERMEDIA -dot- COM] wrote:
> What is the appropriate way to write email?
>
> a. email
> b. e-mail
> c. Email
>
> I have seen it several different ways throughout the same document.

The appropriate way is to write it the same way throughout the document
based on your company's style guide. If it isn't addressed, pick one.
Different companies have different standards, on one is any "righter"
that others.

However, the Microsoft Manual of Style says "Maintain the hyphenation to
show the meaning of 'electronic mail.'" They use "e-mail," capitalizing
only at the beginning of sentences.

FWIW, I prefer email and use it unless told otherwise. It's one less
character to type (yes, I'm *that* lazy). :)

--
"You don't look American."
"Everyone looks American, because Americans are from everywhere."

- Doonesbury
Chuck Martin, Technical Writer
Evolve Software | Personal
chuckm -at- evolvesoftware -dot- com | writer -at- best -dot- com
www.evolvesoftware.com | www.writeforyou.com