Favourite font for long passages?

Subject: Favourite font for long passages?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 22:41:51 -0500

Janet Barry <jebarry -at- UPEI -dot- CA> wrote:

>Several years ago I wrote a manual in Word on a Macintosh, >and used Palatino as the main text font. It's one of my >favourites. Now, I use a PC and applications such as >WordPerfect and Corel Draw. Is there a similar font to >Palatino available?

Janet:

Palatino, like most fonts designed before computers, is widely available
on all the major platforms, either by name or under an alias. I believe
that both CorelDraw and WordPerfect come with fonts, and document the
aliases.

Another good start is the Adobe Type Library, or Adobe's Type on Call
CD.

Some useful choices for body text, depending on the circumstances and
size

Palatino
Bookman
Caslon
Baskerville
Century Schoolbook
Americana
Bodoni
Joanna
Stone
Perpetua
Utopia

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
(bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com) (604) 421-7189 or 687-2133 X. 269

"Spider spins its heart out, fox goes home alone,
Wisdom is a snake waiting underneath a stone,
Refuge is in silence or in any stony place,
I will not share your pity, your laws, or your disgrace."
--Oyster Band