Long-term contracting (was Re: Job Posting - Dallas, Texas)

Subject: Long-term contracting (was Re: Job Posting - Dallas, Texas)
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 07:48:44 -0600

This is NOT a criticism of the job posting; this line simply made me
wonder...

> Contracting positions can be long term. I've been here 8 years and
> there are others who have been here longer!

To anybody who's in a similar situation: How does a long-term contract
like this work? Do contractors get benefits? Are you self-employed or do
you work for an agency? Do you work onsite? Any problems with the IRS?
What's in it for you?

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm