TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:Review -Reply From:Carol Van Natta <CVANNATT -at- ITC -dot- NRCS -dot- USDA -dot- GOV> Date:Tue, 3 Feb 1998 11:09:46 -0700
Annette, we need a lot more information before we can help
you. What city/state are you in? How many years of
experience do you have with the company and doing tech.
comm. in general? Do you directly supervise anyone? Do
you report to upper management and are you held
accountable for projects? Are you in the regional or corporate
headquarters? Are there any comparable jobs in your
organization, and what are those salaries?
>>> Annette Schulz <Annette -at- DIGITAL-REN -dot- COM> 2/3/98
10:09 am >>>
I'm soon facing a review and wanted to go in prepared. To
help me out, I
was hoping I could get some feedback from some of you on
(You can reply to me directly)
My responsibilities have included the following:
* Created documentation strategy for all software
* Created corporate layout and scoped content for OLH.
* Supervised and delegated re-design, usability
content updates for v.2. of the OLH file
* Corroborated with usability architects to improve on
versions of documentation.
* Worked with Director of RD, program manager and
generate a software design spec to create a more
* Participated with the Marketing Team to help develop
* Designed and developed several corporate
initiatives: brochures, postcards, and folders. Set the copy
overall marketing vision.
* Generated award-winning copy for corporate Website in
* Designed corporate template and scoped content for
* Monitored subsequent information requirements for
initiatives and made changes to documentation accordingly.
* Reworked HTML-based reference materials.
Based on this information, what would the salary-range for
this type of
Thanks for any help,
Send commands to listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu (e.g.,
Search archives at: http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html,
Subjects: JOB:, QUESTION:, SUMMARY:, ANNOUNCE:, or
Send all list-related questions or problems to