Page or Frame?

Subject: Page or Frame?
From: "Amy E. Brown" <abrown -at- OPENMARKET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 10:05:45 -0500

> Subject: pagemaker vs. frame
> Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 04:55:08 -0700
> From: Paul Carr <sorcha -at- BBS -dot- MACNEXUS -dot- ORG>
>
> A friend just started a new job where they evidently have PageMaker, and
> the artist she would be working with is used to working with PM. She is
> being asked to assemble a manual.
>
> I believe she knows neither PM nor Frame well.
>
> She asks me: Should she recommend they get Frame, or just stick with
> what the company already has?

Depends on the length and complexity of the manual she'll produce. Frame is much better than PageMaker at indexing, cross-referencing, and all those other niggling book-production tasks. PageMaker is sort of a stripped-down version of Frame for producing posters, brochures, etc. In general, if you want to write a book, use Frame; if you want to produce a graphics-heavy document such as a poster, use Page.

Amy Brown
abrown -at- openmarket -dot- com
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/8720

Don't blame Open Market for anything I say!