One-Source Documentation

Subject: One-Source Documentation
From: Steve Taylor <breakaway -at- BREAKAWAYNET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 09:08:24 -0600

Due to recent changes in our company, I'm now the senior (and only one for
now...) technical writer. I now have the opportunity to get us out of the
"dark ages," in which everything is print, and into the 1990s....

We are a small software development company that services the fast-food
market with POS systems (including hardware and networks).

I have been asked to make a recommendation on a one-source tool. Our
primary purpose will be to create documents that will be used both for our
intranet (technical support), and for our customers as online help (using
the new HTML format). We will also have the requirement to produce smaller
printed documents as well.

I have suggested RoboHelp. I'd like opinions, please, on experiences with
this or with any other recommendations ya'll may have.

Thanks,

Steve Taylor
Arlington, Texas (Home of the Texas Rangers)
staylor -at- breakawaynet -dot- com