Re: Word Problem/Master document

Subject: Re: Word Problem/Master document
From: Rebecca Rachmany <purple -at- NETMEDIA -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 07:45:18 +0200

>Help! We have a 200 page User Doc in Word that has basically =
>reformatted itself. We used the Master Document approach.

Master Document is buggy. If you attend the newsgroups, you will find that
it is universally shunned. However, there are several workarounds. The one
I use is the TECH-TAV Macro Suite, which our company has developed just for
this purpose. It's free. Download it from www.tech-tav.com. The suite comes
complete with extensive documentation.

If you need any further tips or help, try attending some of the excellent
microsoft newsgroups (the server is called msnews.microsoft.com). There is
a specific group on handling long documents called
microsoft.public.word.formattinglongdocuments. Microsoft hosts the groups
but the answers are uncensored from the good citizens who actually have to
deal with these problems.

Rebecca Rachmany
Tech-Tav technical and end-user documentation
P.O. Box 2419, Tel Aviv 61024 Israel
purple -at- netmedia -dot- net -dot- il
http://www.tech-tav.com