Clarity of images in PDF format

Subject: Clarity of images in PDF format
From: Rekha <jayaprakash -at- INTERGATE -dot- BC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:07:07 -0800

Hi!
I am just starting out as a Technical Writer and I have just created a User
Manual using Word 97. When I convert the file to PDF format, my pictures
are losing clarity. They look horrible. I have used gif or bmp formats to
save the pictures. I have captured the pictures with Paintshop pro.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any advice to help me get over this
problem??

Thanks in advance......

regards
Rekha