FrmMkr RTF to RoboHelp

Subject: FrmMkr RTF to RoboHelp
From: Rene Gedaly <rgedaly -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 06:07:18 -0600

About Framemaker rtf to RoboHelp issue raised by Jen Michaels:

We had so many gotcha's down the line trying to convert RTF's to RH that we
decided to almost start from scratch, that is, we saved the RTFs as text
only and went from there in RH. We suspect that Frame doesn't make a clean
RTF, it leaves some invisible formatting. This causes problems with
formatting using RoboHelp. I wasn't the one to discover it, being on the
Frame side handing stuff off to the online guy who uses RoboHelp, so I can't
give a more detailed reply.

Rene Gedaly rgedaly -at- msn -dot- com
Single Source Documents
P.O. Box 130639